Most entries are locked.
If you'd like to be added as a friend please comment below.
Please comment here if you'd like to be added as a friend.
- Current Music:Love Like This - Natasha Bedingfield
For dinner tonight, I made homemade lasagna with sweet & mild Italian sausage, salad, and Italian garlic bread. It was really good and I'm stuffed. I should go walking, but I think I'll skip it tonight.
Chris and I are flying to San Francisco in February. It'll be my first time there, so this should be interesting.
- Current Music:TV - CNBC
I have been waiting for months for Sephora to restock the Urban Decay Naked Palette...well folks, it's back in! :)
I just ordered mine, plus a Sephora iPhone 4 case. I'm one happy girl.
Wow, it's already 2011. I still remember Y2K like it was yesterday, lol.
To celebrate, Chris and I went to the casino in LA and stayed overnight. PRO: I was carded. CON: we lost over $3K. We don't ever take more than we're willing to lose, so it's all good. The important thing is we had loads of fun and we rang in the new year together! :) We got home last night just before midnight so we had two full days of gambling.
I ordered the very last of the Copic Sketch markers I needed to complete the set. 346 markers....whew. I use them for stamping, etc.
Okay, in lieu of a long post here's a year-end meme.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Had surgery and visited NYC.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't have any resolutions, however, I met a few goals!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A friend had a daughter and named her Sierra.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank goodness for that.
5. What countries did you visit? None.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 10/12/10 and 11/29/10...because.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? graduated and became registered with AMT.
9. What was your biggest failure? I could have saved loads more money...but I blew it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had a bad poison ivy rash in March.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hot tub...oh, and my Tahoe.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Katherine Wolf
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Appalled by Kanye West.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, Sephora, Coach, Amazon.com, Starbucks, Target...you get the idea.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My birthday trip and the Galveston trip with friends.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Bad Romance by La Gaga (because 104.1 played it all the time), Firework by Katy Perry, Love the Way You Lie by Eminem, Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
17. Compared to this time last year:
happier or sadder? Happier!
Older or wiser? both
Thinner or Fatter? 10 pounds lighter
Richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent more time in Bastrop
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? idk
20. How did you spend Christmas? I was still kinda recovering from surgery...we had a wonderful day at home.
21. How will you be spending New Years Eve? Oh, that's over...went to the casino.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? I stayed in love!
23. How many one-night stands? ew, none.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Big Brother
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, I still can't stand the same losers.
26. What was the best book you read? I didn't read many books (I like magazines and the web)...Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich and I read Chelsea Handler's book (forgot the name but I think it's "My Horizontal Life").
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? nothing comes to mind...how sad is that?
28. What did you want and get? I wanted to obtain my registration and also, I wanted a new fully loaded Tahoe LTZ (got both).
29. What did you want and not get? nothing
30. What was your favorite film(s) of this year? Knight & Day
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Turned 36...had a nice suite at the casino...super nice dinner...it was a perfect trip.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Maybe if Chris could have taken some more time off from work, otherwise, nothing.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? I have the cutest scrubs, lol! Crazy, but that's what I mainly wore in 2010. I wore lots of flip-flips in the summer with shorts and t-shirts...idk. Simple.
34. What kept you sane? Starbucks! Also, walking 3-4 miles each evening.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? they're all crazy.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Healthcare reform.
37. Who did (do) you miss? My grandfather.
38. Who was the best new person/ people you met? Gail
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Everyday is a gift (I knew this before, but it's just more apparent).
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: ugh...can't think of anything that sums up the year...but here are some lyrics from 2010 that I like:
She ordered us a drink
It was a purple kind of pink
She said it’s got a shot of a little bit of everything
Mello yellow umbrella for a fella like me
It was just a bit mellow for me to be seen with
But I took a sip
Yeah it felt good on my lips Tim McGraw - It Felt Good on My Lips
I can't believe Christmas is in one week. How time flies! Chris and I have a suite booked for new year's eve at the casino in LA...I hope I will be able to go. Surely I will be able to. I can't drive for a week and I can't lift anything for like 4-6 weeks. Blah...w/e. And Chris won't let me. I got up to make everyone hot chocolate last night and he wouldn't let me lift anything at all--so Brielle did it. But I should be able to go on a 2-hour drive and then sit at a $1 slot machine for a while. And there will be champagne and other drinks involved, but that should all be fine.
I've been living in my bed watching MTV and OnDemand stuff, also reading magazines and playing on eBay. I'm still shopping without leaving the house because that's important. ;P I got all of the Christmas shopping done before my surgery, though. I got Chris an Uzi (yes, a gun...and it's wrapped and under the tree---seems so anti-Christmas, I know).
Cody got his hair cut this morning and he looks so cute. I should have had him do it last weekend since we had pics taken, but we were too busy.
Phone's ringing, that's my cue to get off of here.
- Current Mood: good
My "little" brother turned 30 years old today! I can't believe it. He's the baby of us all.
Aw, Chris told me 'Happy Saturday' and then gave me the key to his heart. Sweet. I adore this necklace. It's white gold, so it matches all my other jewelry. Hopefully, I don't lose it!
The kiddos start school on Monday---the summer flew by! I can't believe my Cody will be a SENIOR in high school! Brielle is going into 6th grade. We got back from Virginia Beach last week. We were there for 6 days and we had a really good time. We had professional photos taken on the beach. I'll post some when I get them (the website has the watermark on them).
Right before we left for the trip, I went to the mall and got my hair cut and highlighted---I have bangs again. This is like a vicious cycle--bangs...let bangs grow out...cut. :) Also, I'm using some Keratin Complex which costs $40 and I see no benefit at all. I hate when the stylists sell me a bunch of crap I don't need...I'm such an easy sell. I also got some serum that has 3 parts to it...damn, forgot the name. Something "trillion" and it has tiny glitter particles...that stuff is good. I use it before I use the flat iron.
I'm scatter-brained atm and I have a headche that Tylenol isn't taking care of. I took 2 extra strength and nada, zip, nothing. I think I need caffeine, but I'm really trying to limit it.
Today was our second day in Virginia Beach. :) We had professional photos of the Howell family taken on the beach today...can't wait to see them next week.
We will be flying back home on Thursday, Aug 12.
Cody has senior pictures on Sat, Aug 14th.
This has been the busiest summer ever. I have a love/hate relationship with that. :P