Wow, it's already 2011. I still remember Y2K like it was yesterday, lol.
To celebrate, Chris and I went to the casino in LA and stayed overnight. PRO: I was carded. CON: we lost over $3K. We don't ever take more than we're willing to lose, so it's all good. The important thing is we had loads of fun and we rang in the new year together! :) We got home last night just before midnight so we had two full days of gambling.
I ordered the very last of the Copic Sketch markers I needed to complete the set. 346 markers....whew. I use them for stamping, etc.
Okay, in lieu of a long post here's a year-end meme.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Had surgery and visited NYC.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't have any resolutions, however, I met a few goals!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A friend had a daughter and named her Sierra.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank goodness for that.
5. What countries did you visit? None.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 10/12/10 and 11/29/10...because.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? graduated and became registered with AMT.
9. What was your biggest failure? I could have saved loads more money...but I blew it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had a bad poison ivy rash in March.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hot tub...oh, and my Tahoe.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Katherine Wolf
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Appalled by Kanye West.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, Sephora, Coach, Amazon.com, Starbucks, Target...you get the idea.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My birthday trip and the Galveston trip with friends.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Bad Romance by La Gaga (because 104.1 played it all the time), Firework by Katy Perry, Love the Way You Lie by Eminem, Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
17. Compared to this time last year:
happier or sadder? Happier!
Older or wiser? both
Thinner or Fatter? 10 pounds lighter
Richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent more time in Bastrop
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? idk
20. How did you spend Christmas? I was still kinda recovering from surgery...we had a wonderful day at home.
21. How will you be spending New Years Eve? Oh, that's over...went to the casino.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010? I stayed in love!
23. How many one-night stands? ew, none.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Big Brother
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, I still can't stand the same losers.
26. What was the best book you read? I didn't read many books (I like magazines and the web)...Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich and I read Chelsea Handler's book (forgot the name but I think it's "My Horizontal Life").
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? nothing comes to mind...how sad is that?
28. What did you want and get? I wanted to obtain my registration and also, I wanted a new fully loaded Tahoe LTZ (got both).
29. What did you want and not get? nothing
30. What was your favorite film(s) of this year? Knight & Day
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Turned 36...had a nice suite at the casino...super nice dinner...it was a perfect trip.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Maybe if Chris could have taken some more time off from work, otherwise, nothing.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? I have the cutest scrubs, lol! Crazy, but that's what I mainly wore in 2010. I wore lots of flip-flips in the summer with shorts and t-shirts...idk. Simple.
34. What kept you sane? Starbucks! Also, walking 3-4 miles each evening.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? they're all crazy.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Healthcare reform.
37. Who did (do) you miss? My grandfather.
38. Who was the best new person/ people you met? Gail
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Everyday is a gift (I knew this before, but it's just more apparent).
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: ugh...can't think of anything that sums up the year...but here are some lyrics from 2010 that I like:
She ordered us a drink
It was a purple kind of pink
She said it’s got a shot of a little bit of everything
Mello yellow umbrella for a fella like me
It was just a bit mellow for me to be seen with
But I took a sip
Yeah it felt good on my lips Tim McGraw - It Felt Good on My Lips